Leader of the popular Indigenous People Of Biafra IPOB, has spoken on how his group and Igbos will end the agitation for their freedom permanently in Nigeria.
IPOB leader in the Radio Biafra declares as follows:
How do you permanently end the Biafra agitation?
A Yoruba friend asked me: Under what conditions would you support “One Nigeria” and let go of the Biafra agitation and let it die down and finally laid to rest for good?
Here was my response:
1. Close down Lagos ports and open up Igweocha, Calabar, Onitsha and Warri ports.
2. Cancel all direct and major connecting flights to Lagos and Abuja airports, only local connecting flights will be allowed. While this is being done, open up Enugu, Calabar, Owerri, Asaba, Uyo and Igweocha to international flights direct and major connecting flights.
3. Ask all international and diplomatic missions to move their embassies and consulates from Lagos, Kano and Abuja to Enugu, Igweocha and Calabar.
4. All federal governments’ agencies in Lagos and Abuja shall be relocated to Enugu, Igweocha and Calabar. CBN, NNPC, e.t.c shall and must relocate to Igweocha, Calabar and Enugu.
5. All multinational companies in Lagos and Abuja, shall and must relocate their offices to Igweocha, Calabar and Enugu.
6.All oil companies must relocate their head offices to Igweocha, as the oil capital of Nigeria.
7. Let the northern children gain admission into federal schools with 300 score points while the South Eastern Children should gain admission with only 20 score points .
8. Let all federal road projects in the North/SW should be handled by local companies and the ones in the SE/SS be handled by Julius Berger and foreign construction companies.
If these conditions can be fulfilled and implemented for 50years, we can try one Nigeria and let see if the North and SW will like it for a month.
Meaning that Yorubas and Hausas needing to get international visas shall travel to Igweocha, Calabar or Enugu to do that. Same with flying or connecting flights, same with shipping and importing their goods, etc
The Yoruba friend replied: You can’t be serious, this is wickedness and I said… Really? Don’t you think South South and South Eastern part of Nigeria have been suffering and enduring this very same wickedness for over 50 yrs?
He was quiet for a few seconds and said: Wow, you are right but it never occurred to me.
I said, that’s the problem with One Nigeria, those who are benefiting from it, love it and would love to maintain the status quo.
Let each region develop at her own pace, with Airport, Seaports, industries, major projects open to be developed in any part of Nigeria without government interference or strangulation due to tribalism and nepotism!
Let Nigeria be fair to ALL irrespective of tribe, religion, and place of birth. Let there be true federalism and resources control, with the elimination of quota system and federal character in Nigeria.
Let’s have equal respect for one another irrespective of where the person is coming from in Nigeria. That is what Biafra agitation is all about.