Fire this morning, Monday 25th January, 2021 razed two apartments located at N0. 5 Ezeuchu/Ezeno Street, Nwakpadolu Avenue Awka, Anambra state.
According to the source, the fire was caused by an electric spark, but regretted that occupants of the two apartments had gone to work which made the fire to raze the two apartments completely.
He disclosed that efforts of the men of Anambra State Fire Service and good Samaritans helped in safeguarding the whole building that would have been burnt down by the inferno.
The Caretaker of the building, Mrs. Victoria Chidi-Akim who described the fire outbreak as highly unfortunate, said that one of the occupants of the apartments is a widow who just lost her husband and called on the Anambra state government and other good spirited individuals to come to the aid of the victims, due to the current harsh economic condition of the Country.
Residents of Anambra state are hereby advised to be fire and safety cautious, especially now that harmattan has resurfaced.