The Federal Government has warned that it will not tolerate the recent planned protest at the Lekki Toll Gate.
Mr Lai Mohammed, the Nigeria’s Minister of Information and Culture, made gave the warning at a media briefing on Thursday in Abuja.
He stated that, although the constitution guarantees the freedom of Nigerians to protest, they must do it in approved, designated places.
The Minister said no government anywhere will allow a repeat of the kind of destruction, killing and maiming brought by the hijackers of EndSARs protests last year.
He also said security agencies will ensure that there was no repeat of the kind of destruction unleashed on Lagos in October, last year.
According to the source, some Activists had planned to demonstrate at the Lekki Toll Gate in Lagos and the intention of the action is to protest the gate’s reopening, this is according to the Thursday report from the Galaxy TV.