Okonjo-Iweala, Mohammed, others representing Nigeria on the international scene
With the appointment of Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala as the Director-General of the World Trade Organisation, the rank of Nigerians on the international scene has swelled –Punch
We take a look at the members of this rarefied club:
1. Akinwumi Adesina: He is currently serving his second term as president of Africa Development Bank.
2. Amina Mohammed: She is the Deputy Secretary-General of the United Nations and Chair of the United Nations Sustainable Development Group.
3. Chile Ebeo-Osuji: He is the President of the International Criminal Court.
4. Tijjani Muhammad-Bande was the President of the 74th United Nations General Assembly. UNGA is the main deliberative, policy-making, and representative organ of the UN.
5. Mohammad Sanusi Barkindo: He is the Secretary-General of Organisation of the Petroleum Exporting Countries.
6. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala: Her tenure as the first African and female to head the WTO will begin March, 2021.