Get the latest information on the political landscape, entertainment updates, and health sector in the world with this Expect Breaking News news highlight for May! The latest news in the world that you need to know are the following:
Donald Trump: As a presidential candidate, Donald Trump said he would get rid of the “death tax.” He didn’t. He’s said he’d eliminate it, but he hasn’t. The tax, which is levied on estates over $5.45 million, is not popular. But it’s not as unpopular as Trump thinks.
North Korea: North Korea has just conducted its sixth nuclear test, the first since Trump took office. The U.S. has no immediate response.
Education: Trump is pushing to end the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. It provides a reprieve from deportation for 800,000 young undocumented immigrants who came to the U.S. as children.
Immigration: The Trump administration is moving to end a program that grants temporary legal status to young immigrants who were brought to the U.S. as children.
We’re also going to talk about Trump’s upcoming visit to the G7 summit in Quebec.
* The world’s best-selling smartphone, the Apple iPhone, is expected to be out of stock for several days.
* China has started to import fresh US beef, the first time since the deadly African swine fever was detected in the country in February.
* A UN report says that the coronavirus pandemic has caused more than one million deaths, mostly in developing countries.
* The coronavirus outbreak has led to the closure of the world’s largest oil refinery, the one operated by Saudi Aramco.
* A new study shows that the novel coronavirus could be more infectious than the SARS and MERS coronaviruses.
* Britain’s most successful singer, Sir Elton John, has tested positive for the coronavirus.
* The world’s most famous Chinese food brand, KFC, is looking to restart its operations in the United States.
* The US government has declared a national emergency to deal with the coronavirus pandemic.
* China’s economy has entered a new stage of decline as the country’s gross domestic product (GDP) shrank by an estimated 7.
In a story that has shocked the nation, four college students have been accused of kidnapping a 15-year-old girl from a house party and then sexually assaulting her. The incident occurred in downtown Cleveland, Ohio on Saturday. The four suspects are now facing a slew of charges, including kidnapping and rape.
The victim is currently in stable condition, and the suspects are being held on $5 million bond.
According to the police, the girl was invited to the party by a friend of the suspects, and it is believed that the suspects then kidnapped her from the house. The victim was taken to a nearby car, where she was allegedly sexually assaulted.
She was then driven to another location, where she was released. She was able to escape from the vehicle, and police were able to track her down.
According to a report in Cleveland.com, the four suspects were all 17-years-old, and all were white. The girl is a white student, and the three male suspects are all black.
Police have now said that the four suspects are all close friends, and it is believed that the kidnapping was a planned attack.